----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Colleagues: A postcard will be mailed soon but let me take this electronic opportunity to ask you to: Save these dates in 1999 The Houghton Library, Harvard University, will celebrate the opening of the HARRISON D. HORBLIT COLLECTION OF EARLY PHOTOGRAPHY with an exhibition and symposium Exhibition: March 10 - May 28, 1999 Symposium: Wednesday, March 10 and Thursday, March 11 Symposium participants will include Denise Bethel, Merry A. Foresta, Julia van Haaften, Hans P. Kraus, Jr., Anne McCauley, Grant Romer, Martha Sandweiss, Larry J. Schaaf, Robert Sobieszek, John Szarkowski, Andrew Szegedy-Maszak, and Alan Trachtenberg. Please join us for these events and plan to stay in Boston March 12 and 13 for the meeting of the AIC Photo Materials Group, which will be open to our symposium participants. (One of these presentations will report on the Horblit collection paper negative project.) No reservations necessary For more information, consult our web page next month: www.hcl-harvard.edu/houghton or call 617 495-2444 Please forward or post to those interested in photography. thanks Julie Julie Mellby (617)-495-2444 Assistant Curator fax: (617)-495-1376 Department of Printing & Graphic Arts [log in to unmask] The Houghton Library Harvard University Cambridge, MA 02138