Colleagues,

Presently I am unable to afford the out-of-print Zervos catalogue
raisonne.  However Alan Wofsy's Picasso Project is within my means.
Unfortunately for my patrons, no title index exists in the PP (the
argument that there are too many similar titles to make such an index
meaningful or worth the undertaking is specious; one could list the dates
of completion next to the titles).

Anyhow, the PP does include a concordance for translating Zervos numbers
to PP numbers.  So the predictable question is, does anyone know how I can
convert a Picasso title to a Zervos number and then use the concordance in
the PP?  Does Zervos have a title index?

I am not trashing the PP--it is a marvelous compilation, but it is
unwieldy to use for identification purposes.

Jim

Jim Lane, [log in to unmask]
Fine Arts Librarian
Sahara West Library