Hello --

The Atlantic Monthly is currently featuring "LIFE, LIBERTY, AND ... THE
PURSUIT OF COPYRIGHT?
An Atlantic Unbound Roundtable,"  running on The Atlantic Monthly's Web
site, Atlantic Unbound
(http://www.theatlantic.com), that may interest you and your colleagues.
This is a timely forum for an
ongoing discussion on the future of intellectual property by various
experts. See more in the attached
message from ALA's, Adam Eisgrau forwarded from the Digital Future
Coalition, DFC, list.

Katy Poole
ARLIS/NA Public Policy Committee
>From: "Adam Eisgrau" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Digital Future Coalition Discussion List" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fwd: Intellectual Property Roundtable
>Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:40:28 -0400
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>
>FYI re: follow-up to the Atlantic Monthly's current copyright cover story....
>Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:15:14 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: The Atlantic Monthly <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Intellectual Property Roundtable
>

>Dear Mr. Eisgrau,
>
>I would like to call your attention to a feature currently running on The
>Atlantic Monthly's Web site, Atlantic Unbound (http://www.theatlantic.com),
>that may interest you and your colleagues.
>

>LIFE, LIBERTY, AND ... THE PURSUIT OF COPYRIGHT?
>An Atlantic Unbound Roundtable
>
>In The Atlantic's September cover story, "Who Will Own Your Next Good
>Idea?"  (http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/98sep/copy.htm), contributing
>editor Charles C. Mann examines the issue of intellectual property in the
>digital age.
>
>Starting this week, Atlantic Unbound brings the debate to the Web. We're
>hosting an online Roundtable on the future of intellectual property,
>featuring special guests John Perry Barlow of the Electronic Future
>Foundation, Lawrence Lessig of Harvard Law School, Mark Stefik of Xerox
>PARC, and The Atlantic's Charles C. Mann. The debate will consist of three
>rounds, posted weekly, and will include responses from online readers
>participating in our newly relaunched discussion forum, Post & Riposte.
>Interested readers may access the feature at:
>http://www.theatlantic.com/unbound/forum/copyright/intro.htm.
>
>If you have any questions about Atlantic Unbound or the Roundtable, you are
>welcome to call me at (617)-854-7723. I can also be reached via e-mail
>([log in to unmask]) or by fax at (617) 854-7876.
>
>Sincerely,
>

>Michelle Lander
>Web Marketing Assistant, Atlantic Unbound

Katherine Poole, Librarian
Rotch Visual Collections, M.I.T.
77 Massachusetts Ave., 7-304
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307