----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Hello, Colleagues! Apologies in advance for the personal nature of this request. I am a new-ish librarian (MA (Art History) and MLIS) who has just been offered my first full-time (i.e., non-contract) position as a Slide Librarian in the Art History Department of a prestigious liberal arts college. Before I accept, I'd like to get some advice from more experienced professionals about career mobility - that is, future possibilities for moving from slide librarianship to "regular" fine arts librarianship. At this stage in my career, I don't want to make a decision that would irrevocably set me on a slide library path (not that it's a bad thing, but I don't want to limit my options). Also, what about working in a slide library that is part of a fine art department instead of one that is part of an academic library? If any of you have worked in slide libraries and have made one or more transitions to a "regular" fine art library (or vice versa), I'd really like to hear about your experiences, opinions, etc. Any other comments on this topic you'd like to share would be great! Please reply off-list to reduce cluttering the list with responses to such a personal request (though I'll post or forward replies if requested). Many thanks to all in advance. Moira Steven MA, MLIS Vancouver, B.C. Canada [log in to unmask]