I think your salary range is at least HALF of what it should be. I think the
CAA recommends that you hire someone with an M.L.S. or a Ph.D in Art History
into such a position.
Sue Maberry

Louise Kulp wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
>         I must do some FAST, informal research, so I pose this question to
> you all:
>         Do any of you have (or know of) a full-time visual resource curator
> position with a pre-tax annual salary in the $15,000-17,000 range?
>
>         Here's background and some stats to put my question in context for
> you, and to make the answers as relevant and useful as possible for me:  An
> upgrade for my position from part time to full time is imminent.  That's
> the good news.  The bad news is that it's looking like the salary is
> expected to fall in the above-stated range.  Franklin & Marshall is a
> small, private liberal arts college with a student body of about 1800.  The
> slide library is in the Art Department; slide librarian reports to the
> dept. chair.  An advanced degree in a relevant subject area is required.
> The slide collection has slightly over 100,000 images and serves six
> professors (three art historians/three studio artists).  The college offers
> both Art History and Studio Art majors.
>
>         As I said, my survey is necessarily quick and informal, but I think
> it will prove useful to me over the next several days...
>
> With deep appreciation,
>
> Louise
>
> Louise Kulp
> Slide Librarian
> Art Department
> Franklin & Marshall College
> P.O. Box 3003
> Lancaster, PA  17604-3003
> 717/291-4242

Sue Maberry, Director of Library
Otis College of Art & Design, 9045 Lincoln Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
310 665-6925
FAX: 310 665-6998
email: [log in to unmask]