----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear ARLIS/NA Members, I need your help! The IFLA Art Section is doing a feasibility study of surveying database, ephemera files, and other sources of information on artists born after 1950. The idea is to create an on-line worldwide directory to these sources of information, many of which do not exist in catalogs or indexes. We are including the following categories of artists: Architects Craftspeople Designers Artists working in specific media within the visual arts (sculptors, portrait painters, water colourists) Fashion designers Graphic designers, illustrators Photographers Other (please specify) The three questions I need your help on are: 1. Does this seem to be a worthwhile/useful project? 2. How many such resources/collections in the US should be included? (If you are Canadian, please answer for Canada and specify in reply.) 3. List the top resources in your country (not more than 10). Please include Organization Name, Address, Email, Fax, Phone, URL, Contact name, Type of organization. I need your answers by July 30th. Please reply directly to: [log in to unmask] Jeannette Dixon Librarian and Electronic Communications Director Hirsch Library MFA, Houston