----------------------------Original message---------------------------- In our Library when staff are able to confront a student cutting a magazine, we use a "Library Incident Report" which reports students defacing materials or attempting to steal materials. The report states that there is a charge of $65.00 an item. The form has a space for date, time, student name, phone and ID number,declared major Art Department, Library Staff initials. Following that is space for a description of the incident. The Library Director must follow up with a call to schedule a meeting with the student. Space is provided to record a description of the conversation. Then a space for the resolution: for example, loss of borrowing privileges for the semester of the incident, payment of fine, or more severe punishment as determined by the Grievance Committee who receives a copy of the completed Library Incident Form. This form is also sent to the Art Department Director.