At the risk of further irritating those of you who don't give a hoot
about serials swapping: yes  I think having a separate list devoted to
donations offers/requests would be extremely helpful. For those who are
about to delete this, for instance, you would not have even had to read
it in the first place. How about that!
For those who are panting in anticipation at the mention of serials
seclusion.... When I check my mail I    move all freebie offers to a
folder I have set up exclusively for those messages.  I then go to the
folder and open the messages there. To have them on a totally different
list would be even easier for those of us who are organizationally
challenged, or who are in a hurry to get to those great offers without
wading through everything else at the same time. I am pleasantly
surprised that some of you don't mind having to hit the delete key. Good
for you. However, as a Serials Technician it is not quite so quick. Not
missing any offers means that all e-mail must be read on a daily basis.
This can be very time consuming, although educational and sometimes
humorous. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating a separate list for
all matters Serialistic, only strictly for swaps. Arlis-L is invaluable
for Professional opinion and information and I would not want to
segregate one faction of Library work from the rest.
Having a separate list would also mean that during vacation time for
Serials Librarians and Technicians they could "unsubscribe" from Arlis-L
so as not to have a million messages on the first day back, while not
loosing out on any periodical offers during that time.

Ellen Keyser, OCAD