I agree with Tracey wholeheartedly, especially as a new person to the
listserv k& an only Librarian in a small Midwest Library/Museum. I have
benefitted greatly from the exchange of ideas & information. Additionally,
it's cheaper & more expedient than spending nonexistent dollars flying to
conferences, etc. Sincerely,

Rebecca D. Steel, Librarian
Kalamazoo Inst. of Arts Library
314 S. Park St.
97-98 temp. address: KIAnnex, 458 W. South St.
Kalamazoo, MI  49007-5102
(616) 349-7775
FAX: 349-9313
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.kia.iserv.net
----------
> From: Tracey Sams <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Reply to individuals, not the list!!!
> Date: Wednesday, July 22, 1998 10:00 AM
>
> Overall, I agree with Angela's point. However,  I think it's also equally
annoying to completely read through someone's request for assistance, or to
read something of interest just to have that individual ask that the
response be sent to them privately when the information could be
potentially beneficial to other colleagues who are taking the time to read
their requests in the first place.
> Tracey Sams
> Covington & Burling
> Wasington, DC
> Please, please, please can we show some common courtesy when responding
> queries which are of a personal nature or are of no interest to the rest
of the
> list.  READ THE MESSAGE AND SEND YOUR REPLY TO THE INDIVIDUAL WHO WROTE
IT.
> Most of the time the sender asks that you do it anyway.  Take the extra
10 1/2
> seconds to actually type in an address rather than just typing "reply."
While