I am an artist and teach at the University of Michigan School of Art and
Design.  I am completing work this summer of a portfolio or prints called
The Reiver.  It is a set of ten silicone intaglio prints made from
multiple
plates and combine text from Henry David Thoreau's A Week on the Concord
and Merrimack Rivers with photographic, drawn and hand-painted imagery.
The imagery is derived from photographs and drawings which I did last
summer, canoing on the Concord Rivers.  It is both very contemporary and
very lyrical and stays close to the spirit of Thoreau.  Each print is 5" x
10", with an inch border and is printed on Rives BFK paper.  The set comes
in a handmade clamshell box.  I have an artist proof set to show, and will
be producing a small edition of about 20 (exact size to be determined).
The price is $2400 through the end of the year. AFter that it will be
$3000. If you are interested in seeing the work for possible purchase or
exhibition, or would like to see a prospectus or slides, please contact
me:
Janie Paul
1104 Prospect
Ann Arbor,MI