Hi All,

Here's a crazy question (from a crazy person):

For years I have coveted the lovely convex mirror on the back wall of Sr.
Arnolfini's bedroom. There are several outfits that do knockoffs of
interesting items found in artwork, places like the Museum Company, the NY
Met Museum store, etc. I have tried several places, but nobody stocks
this lovely mirror. Of course there are other places that sell convex
mirrors, like the Bombay Company and Spiegel, but it's not the same
design.

Does anyone know of a company that might manufacture this mirror? Or
where else I could get my hands on one? I've been looking for ten years,
and I figure I'm not the only person to have asked for this mirror.
(Geez, if the Museum Company can replicate the scales in Vermeer's "Woman
holding a balance", someone can surely reproduce Van Eyck's mirror.)

Thanks for the help,

Caroline Bordinaro (a crazy librarian)
USC Leavey Library
tel: 213/740-8349