I agree with Roger and feel a conference session, whether discussion group
or formal presentations by catalogers who train others, would be a hit.
Anaclare Evans' article, 'The education of catalogers: the view of the
practitioner/educator', made the point in 1993, when the author was teaching
introductory cataloging at the U. of Michigan.  She would be worth contacting!

Julia Wisniewski catalogs art books at:

        McKeldin Library Rm. 2200
        University of Maryland
        College Park, MD 20742-7011