        Has anyone out there had success in obtaining a library subscription to
ArtNet, "the leading online service for the art world"(per CNN Moneyline)?
Here's their URL:

        http://www.artnet.com/information/main.html

A devoted supporter and user of our library who is an art dealer and certified
appraiser subscribes to ArtNet (and demonstrated it when he offered a program
of free informal appraisals for our library patrons).  We were impressed by
the ease of use and relatively current information, and decided to inquire
about subscribing to their Auctions Online.

We have been trying for six months to subscribe to this service.  The company
keeps putting us off by not being able to quote us a subscription price.  Any
suggestions?

Heather Brodhead
Staff Librarian, Music & Art Department
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh