----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear members of ARLIS-L, I am considering proposing a workshop on Asian art and architecture resources for the 1999 conference. It would fit under the general conference theme and the proposed "Staffing the Art/Architecture Library -- Continuing education for librarians" area (see http://www.eciad.bc.ca/~donnaz/arlis/). The workshop would be taught by two librarians, one with expertise in Asian art and the other with expertise in Asian architecture. This workshop would follow the same format as the workshop I organized for Philadelphia on art and architecture resources ("They Never Covered This in Library School...."). I believe workshops focusing on basic resources and led by experts in ARLIS have tremendous potential; I would like to continue with this format in Vancouver, but with a topic appropriate to the location and focus of the meeting. The workshop I am proposing would also emphasize important print resources of general interest, although key electronic resources could also be mentioned. (I'd like to stay away from *demonstrating* electronic resources due to the time involved.) I assume the workshop would also cover English language resouces, with certain key non-English sources also discussed where appropriate. Any suggestions you could make for possible speakers would be greatly appreciated. I need to ask a member who is already going since we can't provide travel expenses. Thanks for your help! Barbara Barbara Q. Prior Reference Librarian Fine Arts Library Sibley Dome Cornell University Ithaca, New York 14853 Office: (607) 255-7614 FAX: (607) 255-6718 E-mail: [log in to unmask] http://www.library.cornell.edu/finearts