------------------
UPDATE

Open House at the Indianapolis Museum of Art Library
ARLIS/MIDSTATES and VRA/MIDWEST Regional Chapters
Spring Meeting
May 8-May 9, 1998

I have just received a revised set of instructions on how to get from the
Courtyard by Marriot Hotel to the Indianapolis Museum of Art.  They are as
follows:

Go north on either Illinois street (one way) or Meridian Street (two way/ US=
 31)
to 38th street.  Then head west (left turn with light) to the Museum at the
intersection of 38th and Michigan ROAD (a.k.a.  Martin Luther King Jr/
Northwest) -go about one block further west to turn into the Museum (
north side-right hand turn).   Return by reversing this path- use Capital
for a one way south street  parallel to Illinois.

Beware-  Washington Street is a one way  west  street at the Hotel -
and there is another Michigan STREET  (also one way west) in the mile
square/IUPUI campus area by the hotel- - these will NOT get you to the
museum=21

Another warning for those coming to Indy from the WEST:  expect some
delays if you are coming in on I-74 from Illinois-  They are doing some
construction work from the county line into the city-- right into the
Speedway area-and  down to 16th street.  This will slow you down-
Plan for some extra time to get from there downtown - to the hotel and to
the campus.   One could take I-465 south to I-70 downtown (east) and
then get off downtown at the West street exit- go  north to the Hotel/
campus.

Lauren Lessing
Ryerson and Burnham Libraries
Art Institute of Chicago