I have just returned from the Workshop on Instruction in Library Use (WILU =
--
the Canadian equivalent of LOEX) at Queen's University in Kingston where a
number of very interesting Library websites were presented -- Some were
specifically designed as interactive instruments to teach students how to =
search
library catalogs and periodical indexes. Others crossed over into the
curriculum, with librarian/faculty collaboration, to become real teaching =
tools
for =22resource-based learning.=22 This latter application really excites me=
 and I
would like to know if there are any specialized art or design libraries
(independent or part of a larger academic library) that are working =
hand-in-hand
with faculty to develop library websites in this way -- ie. to delivier =
course
materials, handouts, library pathfinders, discussion lists etc. together on =
library webpage. Are any of you receiving release time to prepare course
materials in collaboration with faculty?

I'm working on a proposal for the Vancouver conference and would appreciate
feedback or information, if you have it, before the 30th. Thanks.
Jill Patrick
Ontario College of Art =26 Design
jpatrick=40ocad.on.ca
or