Once again the generous professionalism of ARLIS-L saves the day. Our
Institute is greatly indebted to the many slide curators who advised us
that we are not alone in experiencing this phenomenon. The concensus is to
obtain foil-backed labels via University Products (always an economical
source for archival supplies) & add a little "elbow grease". Without your
advice & reassurance, would stand alone as cause of this calamity & be
unsure as to the remedy. If our administration had seen fit to have us join
this wonderful service sooner, perhaps we wouldn't need to set up a slide
hospital! Though the task is still substantial, the spirit is inspired.
Thank yous are due to: Miranda Haddock (Western Mich. U.), Jeanne Keefe,
(Rensselaer Poly. Inst.), Alice Sherer, Peggy Ottens (Dickinson) especially
for order details, and David Ziedler (UCLA) who knows the full scoop of the
dastardly deed! Hope GEPE advises us when they change their plastics
formula again! Merci beaucoup one & all. Sincerely,

Rebecca D. Steel, Librarian
Kalamazoo Inst. of Arts Library
314 S. Park St.
97-98 temp. address: KIAnnex, 458 W. South St.
Kalamazoo, MI  49007-5102
(616) 349-7775
FAX: 349-9313
email: [log in to unmask]