------------------
At 16:56 19/02/98 EST, you wrote:
=3E----------------------------Original message----------------------------
=3EWe have a patron who is looking for images of black angels.  We have =
tried
=3Eseveral angel books without success.  Suggestions will be much =
appreciated.
=3E
=3EJill McConkey
=3EArt Department
=3EFree Library of Philadelphia
=3E
=3E
Dear Jill,

Perhaps this response will be a bit exotic for you. But I've located a black
angel for your patron in Barcelona.

He (it?) appears in a fresco composition by Francesc d'Ass=EDs Gal=ED named =
=22El
Camp de Tarragona=22, painted in the forties, which is in the house of Josep
Bartomeu, that was a very alive music center during late forties and the
fifties. It was restored in mid-eighties when the building was refurbished
to house a Music Documentation Center and was reproduced in a very short
edition written and published by the owner in the forties (no date) titled
=22El Jard=ED dels Tarongers=22.

This black angel is not the main subject, but it is very distinct and
characteristic in a corner. It is inspired in the song =22Angelitos =
negros=22,
which the singer Antonio Mach=EDn had made famous those years.

Should your patron be interested, provide me with a fax number and I can
contact that center so that they send an image (they don't have Internet
access).

Llu=EDs Baguny=E0
MUSEU PICASSO
Montcada 15-19