------------------
                We would like to hear your opinion=21

                IDC Publishers (Leiden, New York) intends, in close
cooperation with the Netherlands Institute of Art History (RKD), to
issue a CD-ROM publication of the R=E9pertoire des Catalogues de Ventes
Publiques int=E9ressant l'Art ou la Curiosi=E9, La Haye, 1938 by Frits Lugt.
We would like to ask you to give your opinion about this proposed
publication.

                The R=E9pertoire
                For some decades now, the R=E9pertoire des Catalogues de
Ventes Publiques by Frits Lugt has been one of the most widely consulted
art historical reference works. In the first volume of this work, Frits
Lugt listed more than 11,000 art sales catalogues from libraries in
Europe and the USA. In the original R=E9pertoire, all catalogues are
arranged in strict chronological order, giving date, place, order or
provenance of each property, type of sale (whether pictures, prints or
objets d'art), number of lots, auctioneer, library in which the
catalogue may be consulted and details of any annotations in the
catalogue described (prices, names, additions, remarks).

                The CD-ROM
                Our aim is not only to create a copy of the original
work but to increase its value by adding many recently discovered
catalogues and making corrections. We also intend to make the CD-ROM a
bilingual version of the work by adding an English translation to the
original French. The CD-ROM will feature a multitude of search options
for each and every field (e.g. Lugt number, date, place, provenance,
auctioneer, content of sale, library).
                We plan to start with a CD-ROM of Volume 1 of the
R=E9pertoire, covering the years 1600-1825. As IDC has already published
more than half of the catalogues listed in this volume on microfiche, we
will add microfiche numbers to the relevant catalogues.

                Contact IDC Publishers (lhugenholtz=40idc.nl)
                Without sufficient interest from potential customers, we
will not be able to embark upon this project. Please send your opinion
directly to Liesbeth Hugenholtz (lhugenholtz=40idc.nl).

                It is also possible to discuss this topic with Liesbeth
Hugenholtz during the ARLIS/NA conference at booth number 10.

                t h a n k   y o u   v e r y   m u c h   f o r   y o u r
c o o p e r a t i o n

                IDC Publishers
                P.O. Box 11205
                2301 EE  Leiden
                The Netherlands

                Phone: + 31 (0)71  514 27 00
                Fax: + 31 (0)71  513 17 21
                E-mail: info=40idc.nl
                Internet: http://www.idc.nl

                =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

                IDC Publishers Inc.
                3265 Johnson Avenue
                Riverdale, NY 10463
                USA