Williams - Douglas M. wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any directory to collections of artist's professional
> and personal papers.  Specifically, I'm looking for the addresses to the
> archives (if they exist) of  artists Albert Gleizes and Robert Delaunay.
> Please respond to me at:  [log in to unmask]
>
> Thanks

For Douglas and anyone else interested in manuscripts,

The National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections is published by
Library of Congress and is available in microfiche.  The Metropolitan and
New York University both have a copy in RLIN, as well as many other
research libraries.  There are also indexes published separately: one to
personal names and one to subjects and corporate names.
        NUCMUC, as it is affectionately called, is famous with
archivists!
        Hope this helps.
        Margaret Ford