We are looking for a session recorder for our session titled Lerners'
Permits, Licenses, and the Electronic Highway: Finding Your Way. Details of
the session are below.

If someone is planning to attend who would be willing to serve as recorder,
please let me know either by e-mail ([log in to unmask] [home] or
[log in to unmask] [work] AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, or by leaving a
message for me at the hotel reception desk by Friday afternoon.  Recorders'
reports must be in to Judy Dyki, Conference Proceedings Editor, by March
30.  It need not be long, but it should summarize the session.

Thanks.
Hinda F. Sklar

Saturday, March 7, 3:15 pm-5:15 pm

Learners' Permits, Licenses, and the Electronic Highway: Finding Your Way

Co-Moderators: Hinda Sklar and Katy Poole, Co-Chairs, Public Policy Committee

Co-Sponsors: Public Policy Committee and Visual Resources Division

Abstract: For the past several years, librarians and visual resource
curators have been learning the basics and details of acquiring and
providing access to electronic resources. As more electronic resources are
available commercially as well as locally through in-house projects, new
and complex issues arise that must be addressed. These issues include, but
are not limited to: copyright policy and procedures, site licensing, Web
access, and network security.

This session will offer an opportunity to explore some of these issues and
provide a forum to exchange experiences on making reasonable decisions
which balance the needs of patrons against the realities of limited staff
and resources in the context of legal compliance. The panel will consist of
representatives from a cross-section of environments: academia, museums,
public libraries, and special libraries.

Panelists
Maryly Snow, Librarian, Architecture Slide Library, University of
California-   Berkeley

Nancy Allen, Director of Information Resources, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

Hinda Sklar, Librarian, The Architectural Association, Bedford Square, London

H.E. "Chuck" Broadbent, Director of Information Technology, Free Library of
   Philadelphia
Hinda F. Sklar
The Librarian
Architectural Association