Dear Colleagues:  I am about to embark (with our staff) on an
analysis/evaluation of our library's collection.  I wonder if any of you
in university research libraries have done this recently.  If so, what
sources did you use for comparison of holdings?  I always keep track of
how we are doing in terms of Choice, Art Doc, Art Bulletin and other art
history journals.  The faculty don't think that means anything.  Of,
course I am also checking the "classics" in the art library field:
Freitag's ART BOOKS (1996), Artzen and Rainwater's GUIDE TO THE LITERATURE
OF ART HISTORY, Lois Jones's ART RESEARCH METHODS AND RESOURCES (most
recent ed.), the TL YUAN BIBLIOGRAPHY OF WESTERN WRITINGS ON CHINESE ART
AND ARCHAEOLOGY and some titles of general interest like BOOKS FOR COLLEGE
LIBRARIES (3rd ed, 1988), the art section of the BEST REFERENCE BOOKS
series.

Any other suggestions are welcome!  Ray Anne

                                Ray Anne Lockard
                         Head, Frick Fine Arts Library
                           University Library System
                            University of Pittsburgh