I'll weigh on this issue too; as we understand it  and our legal
counsel has approved...purchasing videos with LIMITED PUBLIC
PERFORMANCE rights covers the following use: check out for
use by individual patron to view in library, on campus, or
at home with "normal circle of friends"; use by faculty
for instruction with or without  faculty present as long
as issue is instructional.  We get signed documentation about
LIMITED PUBLIC PERFORMANCE rights when we purchase videos and
keep  them on file. Some vendors do add a fee for this, but
in recent years the fees have come down, and in some cases
disappeared.  Library videos  may not be shown at any event
for which a charge is  made or solicited for  attendance.

Cristine C. Rom
Library Director
Gund Library
Cleveland Institute of Art