***ARLIS/New York announces a winner for its 1998 Travel Award!***

Congratulations to Ilene Magaras, winner of the 1998 ARLIS/New York
Travel Award!  Ilene is currently the Assistant Librarian/Archivist
at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum.  After closing in 1994, the
Guggenheim library relocated to the Guggenheim Museum SoHo and, in
1995, reopened with Ilene at its helm.  As the sole librarian,
Ilene is in charge of collection development, cataloging,
circulation, reference, supervision, and preservation.

She has a BFA is Film and Video from the School of
Visual Arts, and graduated with her MLS and certificate in
Archives from the Long Island University's
Palmer School of Library and Information Science.  You may have
met Ilene at one of our ARLIS/NY meetings; she has been a member
since 1996. Look for her conference write-up in our spring newsletter!