If this is the Best Western at 235 Chestnut street it is approximately
15 blocks from the Doubletree. (12 blocks to Broad street a.k.a. Avenue of
the Arts and 3 blocks to the hotel at Locust).

Yes it's a safe walk. You're in  a very historic area with old
houses and
lots of
nice shops, etc on the way. If the weather's bad (or you don't
like walking) you can get
the Walnut street bus  (one block south of Chestnut) to Broad st. and
walk the final two blocks.

It's a nice walk, though.  Good way to see the city.

Judy Donovan
Library Director
Moore College of Art and Design
Philadelphia