Since the discussion of PBS videos has come up, I just thought I'd
mention that our director, Diane Rider, called PBS the other day to ask
about copyright and the viewing of PBS videos in classrooms.  She was
informed that for classes under 35 students, it was okay to show.  More
then that would be considered an infringement of the rules of public
showing.  Some faculty, of course, have scoffed at "being checked" but it
has brought up an interesting dilemma as to how many videos (PBS or
otherwise) we should purchase for professors who teach larger classes.

Just thought I'd mention it....

Roberto C Ferrari, Librarian/Instructor
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
Learning Resource Center