The following query was recently posted on an archives discussion list, but
it's pertinent to those of us in museum libraries as well.  Of the museums
publishing unique documents on their web sites (as opposed to putting up
images and press releases), has anyone come up with a permanent, longterm
approach to capture such documents that takes into consideration the
problems of longterm storage of digital information?  does your museum
maintain a web-archive for such documents, is this readily accessible to
library users and whose job is it to maintain this permanently?

Karen McKenzie

----->  ----->

>From: Shelley Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]

>For those who collect their institution's publications as well as
>archives, do you have any policies in place about capturing original
>publications which only appear on your instititution's website?  How
>do you deal with constant updates?  I would appreciate very much
>receiving a reply.
>
>Shelley Sweeney
>University of Regina Archives
>Regina, Saskatchewan
>Canada  S4S 0A2

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
   Karen McKenzie
   Chief Librarian
   E.P. Taylor Research Library & Archives
   Art Gallery of Ontario