Museum Division and other interested colleagues,

This issue just doesn't seem to go away, perhaps an indication that there's
a need out there for more than conference sessions at 15 year intervals.
Can we identify a more permanent vehicle for bringing together the
information that new colleagues continue to seek -- how to justify an
exchange program to one's administration? what are the cost components of an
exchange program? who should pay for what, and who ends up doing the
mailing? does it all result in true benefits for a library?  And as we heard
at last year's session in San Antonio, publication exchange is of central
concern to strapped museum libraries in countries with emerging economies.

An ARLIS/NA web site page? A clearing house? An occasional paper?  A
standards document? Can we build on Cecilia Chin's excellent session at San
Antonio?  Do we want to put this on our Section agenda for the Philadelphia
conference?

Karen McKenzie

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
   Karen McKenzie
   Chief Librarian
   E.P. Taylor Research Library & Archives
   Art Gallery of Ontario