As we begin to preapre for the Sections' business meeting on Monday,
March 9 at 2:45, I would like
you to begin thinking about suggestions for programs for the 1999
conference to be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, March 25-31.

Please let me know if you have any ideas, burning issues or topics of
interest you think are appropriate for sponsorship by the Architecture
section.  Please also let me know if you wish to volunteer to moderate,
speak, etc.  If you are unable to make it to the conference, please
contact me at your earliest convenience before March 5 with program
proposals, ideas, or offers to volunteer.

We will also be electing a moderator-elect for 1999/2000 at the section
business meeting.  Tora Williamsen of Oklahoma State University is our
current moderator elect and will become Section moderator for 1998/1999.
The moderator becomes part of the steering committee along with the
current moderator and the past moderator as well as the Update column
editor.  If you are interested and want to learn more, please contact
me... I love to talk. :)  Also, if you would like to nominate yourself or
someone else, please email me.  We will hold elections at the business
meeting.

Last year a number of people expressed interest in having a meeting to
discuss current topics/burning issues in our field that we normally do not
have time to discuss during the business meeting.  If you have any
issues/topics that need to be addressed immediately (not in a year at the
next conference) please let me know.  Right now there is no time or
location set for this but hopefully I will be able to sign up for a good
spot prior to our business meeting.

And, last, but certainly not least, would some kind person like to
volunteer to be the recorder for the session?  We need someone to record
the minutes and write them up afterwards.

Ann Lally
Architecture Section Moderator