----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Disaster Planning for Art Museum Libraries We are in the throes of trying to upgrade our disaster plan. I should very much appreciate comments from any art museum librarians who have sophisticated disaster plans. Copies of plans would be wonderful but I realize that some institutions prefer to keep them confidential. I have had tremendous help from our Conservation Department, who supervise the general disaster plan, but I am now working on criteria and lists for prioritizing items for rescue and/or salvage. It is easy enough to come up with broad criteria for rescue/salvage but a list of individual titles is harder. I have made numerous attempts to produce such a list but with rather unsatisfactory results and have come up with a number of questions. Do other libraries have lists? Are items listed by individual title or category? How many items are listed? What types of items are listed? Are listed items scattered all over the library or in close proximity to each other, or grouped? Many thanks to anyone out there who can help. J. Margaret Shaw Chief Librarian National Gallery of Australia Research Library GPO Box 1150 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia Telephone: 61-(0)2-6240 6532 Fax: 61-(0)2-6273 2155 E-Mail: [log in to unmask]