Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- The Boston Architectural Center Library is in the initial planning stages of a major library automation project, which will include the selection and purchase of an integrated library system. This project will include converting 25,000 book records to MARC format. To make this project even more interesting, we are considering taking this opportunity for convert the classification of our collection from its current, unique classification system to LC. Our specialized classification scheme was designed by the first professional librarian at the BAC to allow the use the whole alphabet to classify the fields of architecture and related areas of study in detail, with less detailed classification of the humanities and general sciences. Susan Lewis and I are sending this plea out in the hopes that there may be some of our colleagues who have faced a similar conversion who would be willing to share with us the decisions they made and any considerations that helped them make their decisions. While the current arrangement is very straightforward, it has its limitations, not the least of which is that students cannot transfer the expertise they gain in the use of our collection to the use of a library using standard classification. So any words of wisdom and experience will be greatly appreciated. Please reply off the list [log in to unmask] OR [log in to unmask] Many thanks. Sarah Dickinson, Associate Librarian Susan Lewis, Head Librarian Boston Architectural Center Library 320 Newbury Street Boston MA 02115 617-536-9018 tel