Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. ----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Nancy, January 5, 1998 Regarding your set of "Recent Ideals of American Art", 1888, you might try contacting the rare book room at Powell's Book Store in Portland, Oregon. I think they would be happy to help you figure out a value. I live here in Portland and apparently they are the largest book store in the country. Good luck, Alice Scherer Center for the Study of Beadwork >In doing our trimester break clean-up, I discovered _Recent Ideals of >American Art_, New York: D. Appleton & Company, 1888. Approx. 425 cm. >x 320 cm. Text by George William Sheldon. This is a collection, >complete with slipcase, which came out in serial form, of 175 oils and >watercolor paintings reproduced in Paris on copper plates by the Goupil >Photogravure and Typogravure processes. The covers of each of the 25 >sections are slightly foxed, and three pages of text are missing, >otherwise the collection is in good condition. > >My questions are: Is this a valuable set? Are any of you familiar with >it? Can you put me in touch with someone who might know its value? > >Rocky Mountain library is relatively small, holding 5,000 volumes. We >aren't an archive nor a research library. I believe retaining this set >will do it more harm than good. A research library would be able to >better care for it. > >Nancy Mactague, Director: Resource Center >Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, Denver, CO >(303) 753-6046 x 127. Fax (303)759-4970.