Dear Nancy,                     January 5, 1998

Regarding your set of "Recent Ideals of American Art", 1888, you might try
contacting the rare book room at Powell's Book Store in Portland, Oregon. I
think they would be happy to help you figure out a value. I live here in
Portland and apparently they are the largest book store in the country.

Good luck,
Alice Scherer
Center for the Study of Beadwork