>Want to 'Get away from it all"?  Learn about other cultures?  Meet new
colleagues, tour wonderful libraries, enjoy spectacular scenery?  Come with
us on our third annual....

>LIBRARIANS' CRUISE TO ALASKA
>
>Departing Vancouver, B.C. on July 21, 1998
>
>Sail aboard the S. S. Universe Explorer for 14 days, departing Vancouver,
B.C. on July 21, 1998.
>Enjoy wide open vistas, magnificent views of majestic glaciers and mountains.
>
>This will be a cruise that is open to the general public, but our group
will place special emphasis on Alaskan libraries and librarians.  The
Explorer spends more time in more ports than any other cruise line, and you
can really get to know the heart of this majestic land and its libraries.

>With the on-board lecture series, you'll gain an in-depth understanding of
all you can see and do in this awe-inspiring frontier.  Library tours and
special evening discussion sessions will make the cruising experience for
our group unique .  Ten library visits are planned at the various ports-of-call.

>Our cabin allotment:  [We can request other categories/decks, depending on
>availability.]
>
>Category        Deck                        Cabin  Type                       Cost
>
> 4     Observation, Sun,       Outside Standard Stateroom      $2995
>       Boat, Upper
>
> 5     Sun, Upper, Main        Outside Standard Cabin    2895
>
> 6     Sun, Upper, Main        Inside Deluxe Cabin              2695
>
>7      Bali            Inside Economy Cabin    2495
>
>All prices are for double occupancy.
>
>Cruise Schedule: [Itineraries may need to be adjusted subject to weather
conditions.]

>Day    1       Embarkation: Vancouver, B.C. - departing 4 pm
>       2       Cruising British Columbia's Inland Passage
>       3       Wrangell
>       4       Juneau
>       5       Skagway
>       6       Glacier Bay
>       7       Yakutat Bay/Hubbard Glacier
>       8       Valdez
>       9       Seward
>       10      Cruising Gulf of Alaska
>       11      Sitka
>       12      Ketchikan
>       13      Cruising British Columbia's Coastal Waters
>       14      Victoria, B.C.
>       15      Vancouver, B.C. - Disembarkation - arrive 9 am
>
>These educational cruises are informal, with on-board lecturers and a
12,000 volume library.

>Please note that space is limited...Your deposit of $500 per person will
hold a reservation for you.

>Credit:  Participants may earn  3.0 CEUs for the 14 day program.  These may
be counted toward this department's Certificate of Professional Development.