From:   Valmestad, Liv[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Friday, November 28, 1997 12:49 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list ARLIS-L
Subject:        de Chirico painting

 Hi!

 A student and I have been searching for a de Chirico painting entitled
 "Conversation amongst the ruins", refered to by Tennesee Williams in the
prologue of his play "Summer of Storm." We have checked all our de C
holdings, the art index "ar" field, several indexes of world painting etc
 (where there are lots of his works listed, but not that one). Also,
several
 webdatabases have come up with nothing.
...I surrender!    Does anyone have a catalogue raisonee or the "L'opera
completa di Giorgio de Chirico" (Milan, 1982) and would be willing to check
for this painting??

 Thanks in advance

 Liv Valmestad
Reference Librarian