        Elizabeth,

        I don't know if your still looking for bioraphical info on Jock
        Sturges, but if you are, you might want to try calling one of the
        galleries that represents him.  Which you can find listed in the Art
        in America [annual] Guide to Museums, Galleries, Artists  (if you
        don't have a copy let me know and I'll look it up for you in ours).

        Maris Cannon
        Cranbrook Academy of Art Library

Friends:

I have exhausted our resources looking for biographical information on
American photographer Jock Sturges. I have tried Contemporary Photographers,
Artist Biographies Master Index, Who's Who in American Art, two monographs of
his work, ULAN, and the Dictionary of Art, and a number of citations from the
Art Index, as well as our own vertical file...my patron has more than enough on
the censorship controversy, but so far we haven't even found a birth year.

If any of you know of any sources of information, please reply to my address
directly. Thank you,

Elizabeth McKenty
Art Department
Free Library of Philadelphia