Preston McClanahan, a faculty member at RISD, has just completed a film,
Conversations with Paul Rand. This is available on videotape (VHS)for
$50 from:

PM Films
74 Blue Gentian Rd.
Cranston, RI 02921

According to Steve Heller, "This film captures the wit and wisdom of
America's leading design pioneer and provides insights into the methods
of a master who transformed graphic design...required viewing for anyone
who is interested in the history and practice of visual communications."

I enjoyed the film very much and told Preston that I would share this
information with my ARLIS colleagues. (Some of you may remember him from
the jazz band that played at the Ars Libri reception at the Providence
Conference.)

Carol Terry
Director of Library Services
Rhode Island School of Design