Please pardon cross postings.

1997 Museum Computer Network Conference
October 15-18, 1997, St. Louis, Missouri

The Museum Computer Network Annual Conference registration is growing
nicely, but we want you to attend, too!  Please reference the website
http://www.mcn.edu for full conference and registration details.

Here's one of the highlights of our program:
The Intellectual Property Rights Open Forum and Breakfast on Saturday,
October 18, 8 - 10 a.m., is filling fast with conference attendees
curious about the various projects, initiatives and products which model
different structures and procedures for the distribution of the
intellectual property resources of museums.  Howard Besser, University
of California, Berkeley, School of Information Management & Systems will
moderate the forum.  Participants include Chris Sundt and Scott Bentley
discussing the Image Directory; Nathan Benn will discuss Corbis Images a
project of Corbis Productions; Geoffrey Samuels will explain the Museum
Digital Licensing Collective (MDLC); Nancy Allen will represent the Art
Museum Image Consortium (AMICO); and Rachel Allen, the National Museum
of American Art, Smithsonian Institute, will update attendees on the
Museum Site Licensing Project (MESL).  Cost for the breakfast open forum
is $10 (US).  Get your registration in today!

Susan Patterson
Kerridwen Harvey
Harvey Heritage Services
(819) 827-0762 (tel)         (819) 827-5613 (fax)