Dear all
I have a postgraduate student needing to know the identity of the painting
"Chateau Noir" by Cezanne, in the Musee Picasso. As you know there are a
number of works by Cezanne with this title - I have identified 5.
I have used the Reference items we have here (Dictionary of Art etc)
 inc Rewald "Paul Cezanne: the watercolours" and Cezanne: the late works.
Unfortunately we do not hold Venturi.
We think the painting he saw at the Musee Picasso is the "Chateau Noir" listed
as Plate 59 in "Cezanne: the late works" (published by MOMA). This corresponds
to Venturi Plate 795. however, this book places this work as being with Le
Louvre.
Can anyone confirm or identify the work in Musee Picasso ?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as we are a small university
library and a small faculty with limited resources.
Regards
Chrissy Ralston
Faculty Librarian - Creative Arts
University of Wollongong