Perhaps this is the same artist?  I searched EXCITE using the artist's name
and came up with the GenArt website with this blurb:

http://www.genart.org/about/html/hamptons.html

GEN ART NEW YORK HAMPTONS BENEFIT - August 24th, 1996

     GEN ART New York hosted its Summer Hamptons Benefit on
     August 24th at the Ark Project's 100 acre horse-farm and exhibition
     complex in Bridgehampton, New York. The event, which combined
     the farm's outdoor beauty with a sculpture garden created by artist
     ****Novanoah*****, also showcased works by six GEN ART artists in two
     modernized barns...

It's not much, but it's something...
--SHAWN

>------------------
>Dear ARLIS-Lers,
>
>Once more, I'm stumped.  One of our library patrons want information on an
>artist.   I've exhausted our library's resources and found NO information, so
>I'm asking the collective knowledge and wisdom of the list for help.
>
>The artist in question is called Novanoah, or some variation thereof.  He is a
>sculptor who produces large-scale works, sometimes in mixed media.  He
lives and
>works in the Hamptons, Long Island, NY.  I could find no reference to him
in Art
>Index (CD-ROM), ArtBib Modern, Who's Who in American Art (1993-94 ed.), or
ULAN.
>The patron would like any of the following information: the artist's gallery or
>artist's representative; citations to articles, catalogs, etc.; pictures of his
>work.
>
>Thanks in advance ...
>
>Sincerely,
>Martha Smith
>SUNY/Purchase College

Shawn Steidinger,Librarian    Ph. (212)650-2438
Thomas J. Watson Library      Fax (212)570-3847
Metropolitan Museum of Art    E-mail: [log in to unmask]
1000 Fifth Ave.
New York, NY 10028