We have a number of pieces of art in the library's collection for which
we've done identifying labels (mounted on mat board).  We've used a variety
of temporary glues but nothing seems to hold up.  Before I start sticking
small nails in our walls I wondered if someone had a good suggestion for an
adhesive. I don't want to permanently affix the labels to the walls as it
seems likely that part of our collection will be rotating to various city
offices in the next year or so (and I've just gotten new wallpaper which I
am loathe to mess up).

Part of our problem (of course) could be Florida's intense humidity and the
inconsistencies of our air conditioning.

Our local art museum suggested beeswax (this is what they use) but could
not identify a source for me (the origins of their current stash of beeswax
seem rooted in folklore).

I've browsed through various catalogs (Light Impressions, etc.) and have
the second volume of the "Official Museum Directory" open before me as I
search for inspiration.....

Does beeswax sound like an acceptable solution?  Is anyone else using this?
Does anyone have a better suggestion?  And, of course, can anyone suggest a
source of beeswax?

Help.

Anne H. Ross, Head
Fine Arts/Audio-Visual Depts.
Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library System