----------------------------Original message---------------------------- FREE ACCESS TO CELEBRATE! ITEM (the Image TEchnology in Museums and art galleries knowledge base) is an international searchable text and image information knowledge base detailing hypermedia publications and resources, primarily about the visual arts. ITEM includes multimedia publications, art gallery and museum image databases, art auctions, photolibraries and art theft. ITEM is published by IVAIN (a not for profit organisation), in association with CIDOC (ICOM). To celebrate our first nine months on-line we are inviting you to explore the entire ITEM Web site for nine days for free (access to the whole knowledgebase and full range of search facilities is usually by subscription only) - and we would very much appreciate your comments and suggestions that we can take into account in the further development of ITEM Since the launch of ITEM on the WWW http://item.suffolk.ac.uk it has been continuously expanded, updated and optimised for Netscape 3 - and now for Internet Explorer 3. Many individual ITEM records now include screenshots to aid evalution and comparison of titles. Detailed text and technical information about each title often includes a hypertext link to a related Web site and there are comprehensive search facilities. The site also includes a collection WWW links sites likely to be of interest to ITEM users. Plans include a Bulletin Board (currently under construction) for the discussion of issues relating to Heritage, contemporary cultural and the digital future. To gain your 9 days free access please complete the on-line feedback form on the ITEM site and use the 'Your Final Comments' boxto request your special temporary visitor Username and Password. This celebration offer is open until 16 September only. (Apologies for any cross posting) Jeremy Rees, Director; Sue Hagley, Administrator. International Visual Arts Information Network (IVAIN) University College Suffolk Rope Walk Ipswich Suffolk IP4 1LT, Great Britain e-mail [log in to unmask]