University of Wisconsin-Madison presents an educational cruise study tour
opportunity for librarians and their friends/families

LIBRARIANS' CRUISE TO MEXICO AND THE CARIBBEAN

Departing Nassau on December 28, 1997 for 8 days.

Adventures in an Enchanted Land...For 18 years, World Explorer Cruises has
been showing passengers the uncommon route to Alaska.  Now join us as we set
sail with World Explorer Cruises on an uncommon route around the Caribbean,
retracing the course of the great Spanish galleons.

We'll meet the ghosts of lost civilizations as we call on the crumbled
ruins of their once magnificent cities.  With in-depth lectures on board
ship, your knowledge and understanding of the Caribbean  will grow and
deepen in ways no mere academic course or glamour cruise could ever provide.

Where possible, tours of libraries at ports-of-call will be arranged.  We
will also have discussion sessions on Caribbean literature [in English].

Early booking is advised.  In addition, this is a busy time of year for air
travel, so early booking of your  flight to Nassau with your local travel agent
is recommended.

Our cabin allotment:  [We can request other categories/decks, depending on
availability.]

Category                       Deck                     Cabin  Type     Cost

 4      Observation, Sun,       Outside Standard Stateroom       1255
Boat, Upper

 5      Sun, Upper, Main        Outside Standard Cabin    1195

6       Sun, Upper, Main        Inside Deluxe Cabin               1140

7       Bali            Inside Economy Cabin              1055

Cruise Schedule: [Itineraries may need to be adjusted subject to weather
conditions.]

Day     1       Embarkation: Nassau, The Bahamas - Sailing 4 pmn
        2       Cruising Gulf of Mexico
        3       Playa Del Carmen/Cozumel, Mexico  [Overnight]
        4       Cozumel, Mexico
        5       Cruising the Western Caribbean
        6       Grand Cayman
        7       Ocho Rios, Jamaica
        8       Cruising the Windward Passage
        9       Nassau, The Bahamas... Disembarkation - Arrive
9am

Please note that space is limited...Your deposit of $500 per person will
hold a reservation for you.

Credit:   Participants may earn 1.5 Continuing Education Units [CEUs] for
the 8-day program .  These may be counted toward this department's
Certificate of Professional
Development.

For further information, contact:
Professor Darlene E. Weingand, University of Wisconsin-Madison School of
Library and Information Studies, 600 N. Park St., Madison, WI  53706