Our non-reference CDs are shelved in a staff area but do  circulate -- they
are tattle taped for security becuase we don't have circulation downstairs
in the art library. We also have a Mac in the art library for looking at
the CDs (with headphones) for people without the proper equipment at home.
We don't have a similarly equipped PC for PC-based titles though.

The items are fully cataloged & our cataloger gives them an "interactive
multimedia" subheading so they can be browsed digitally even though they
can't be browsed on the shelves. Attracting people to them is not a problem
because they are featured in at least 2 courses, including a major
introductory course to media.

Susan Jurist
Visual Arts Librarian                                        phone:
619.534.7193
University of California, San Diego                       fax: 619.534.0189
9500 Gilman 0175F, La Jolla CA 92093-0175
http://gort.ucsd.edu/sj/aal