Our University Architect's office has asked me to make recommendations
about how they can organize their "plan room" which includes architectural
plans, specifications, models, and related information.  This is a "living
collection" rather than one of static, historical records.  I am told this
material is a "mess" right now with no efficient organization or means of
access.  My primary contact for this office does not think that the way
that arch'l firms organize their plans would be relevant(?) but thinks
that the federal government might have an efficient method(?)

The question is:  can anyone refer me to literature or to a model or
source that I might contact for information about how to organize/access a
"living collection" of architectural records?

Thanks very much, BJ Irvine, Fine Arts Librarian, Indiana University,
Bloomington, IN 47405.  e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Phone:  812-855-5743