This question is directed mostly to art & design school librarians, but anyone
who serves art students might be able to contribute some ideas to this
discussion.

In the spring when our graduating students are applying for teaching positions,
many are stopped in their tracks by the requirement to submit a statement of
teaching philosophy along with their resume, slides, etc.  They will come to the
library is search of sample statements upon which to pattern their own.  I've
been able to find some for them in various college catalogs, but I'm always
looking for other sources to which I can refer them.

Any suggestions for sources of sample statements of teaching philosophy for
studio art instructors?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Judy Dyki
Cranbrook Academy of Art Library