LIBRARIANS' CRUISE TO ALASKA

Departing Vancouver, B.C. on July 21, 1998

Sail aboard the S. S. Universe Explorer for 14 days, departing Vancouver,
B.C. on July 21, 1998.

This will be a cruise that is open to the general public, but our group
will place special emphasis on Alaskan libraries and the stories to be found
in totem poles.

Library tours and special evening discussion sessions will make the
cruising experience for our group unique .  Ten library visits are planned
Our cabin allotment:  [We can request other categories/decks, depending on
availability.]

Category         Deck                        Cabin  Type                       Cost

 4      Observation, Sun,       Outside Standard Stateroom      $2995
                        Boat, Upper

 5      Sun, Upper, Main        Outside Standard Cabin    2895

 6      Sun, Upper, Main        Inside Deluxe Cabin              2695

7       Bali            Inside Economy Cabin    2495

Cruise Schedule: [Itineraries may need to be adjusted subject to weather
conditions.]

Day     1       Embarkation: Vancouver, B.C. - departing 4 pm
        2       Cruising British Columbia's Inland Passage
        3       Wrangell
        4       Juneau
        5       Skagway
        6       Glacier Bay
        7       Yakutat Bay/Hubbard Glacier
        8       Valdez
        9       Seward
        10      Cruising Gulf of Alaska
        11      Sitka
        12      Ketchikan
        13      Cruising British Columbia's Coastal Waters
        14      Victoria, B.C.
        15      Vancouver, B.C. - Disembarkation - arrive 9 am

These educational cruises are informal, with on-board lecturers and a
12,000 volume library.

Please note that space is limited...Your deposit of $500 per person will
hold a reservation for you.

Credit:  Participants may earn  3.0 CEUs for the 15 day program.  These may
be counted toward this department's Certificate of Professional
Development.Credit:

For further information, contact:
Professor Darlene E. Weingand, University of Wisconsin-Madison School of
Library and Information Studies, 600 N. Park St., Madison, WI  53706

Darlene E. Weingand, Ph.D
Professor and Director
Continuing Education Services
School of Library & Information Studies