----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Dear Colleagues, I have never dealt with exhibition catalogs before and I am about to have 8,000 Fine Craft Exhibition Catalogs cataloged. Thus, I would like to solicit your opinions on various aspects of the process. Currently we organize the catalogs in pamphlet boxes by media (clay, glass, fiber, metal, wood, mixed media) and then by year. Any comments or advice you could offer me would be greatly appreciated. Questions I have include: * How do you catalog your exhibition catalogs? * Do you treat them as books? * What do you use as the main entry? Institution, Town - OR - Town, Institution - OR another way? * Do you assign subject headings? * Do you supplement subject headings with AAT headings or anything else? * Do you assign call numbers? If yes - What classification system do you use? * How do you physically arrange/organize/store/preserve the catalogs? * Do you apply labels? * If you use a vendor to catalog your exhibition catalogs - which vendor do you use - and would you recommend them? Thank you very much, Trisha Lucy [log in to unmask] Library Director American Craft Council 72 Spring Street New York, NY 10012 212-274-0630