----------------------------Original message---------------------------- Hello ARLIS, I'm new to the list--I've been a "reader only" for a couple of weeks. I work as the assistant to the director for University Art Museum for the University of Southwestern Louisiana. We have a collection of 18th & 19th century Louisiana portraiture and landscape paintings that authors frequently request to use in publications. I am relatively new to the position and cannot find precedent for past charges. Could you share your experience and/or policy for charging for reproduction of artwork owned by your institutions? Do you differentiate between scholarly publications and those of a non-academic nature? Look forward to hearing from you! Elizabeth Schexnyder Assistant to the Director University Art Museum, USL