We have surveillance cameras at key access points in the library
(not in the reading room) largely to give the night time security
a view of any activity or trespassing in the library after hours.
I later found that the cameras were on all of the time so maybe
there was some deterrent effect.  Now we have interactive
setup at the main door which includes cameras and intercoms so
that only authorized personnel can gain access to the library
after hours.  The doors have magnetic locks and can only be
unlocked if security releases them.

Ann

--
Ann B. Abid        [log in to unmask]